Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 1, but for real this time...

I did it! 24 hours without meat, dairy, eggs, or any other animal product. :) I reached for the honey for my tea this morning and sighed a little in disappointment, BUT, I added raw cane sugar instead and it tasted just dandy.

A trip to the grocery store proved to be a little more difficult than I was anticipating. Nearly everything I normally purchased, even if it was vegetarian, had other animal products sneakily placed in their ingredients list. I started to realize though that a lot of products that are vegan will have a seal on the label saying it is certified vegan! That label was helpful when it came to some of my normal products that I reluctantly had to place back on the shelf- like bread! So many of them had milk protein in them; I had no idea! Luckily I found a vegan, organic, non-GMO bread that I'm really excited to try. In my trip today, I purchased some tasty goodies along with my bread... Tons of bananas and avocados, a mango, some leafy greens, and of course some tasty meat alternatives. My favorite purchase though has to be the white chocolate peanut butter. I've always wanted to try this, and it just so happened to be on sale... I couldn't pass this one up :)


So, with my "day 1" off to a good start, I'm excited to keep moving on. Check out my other tabs of the blog to get more detailed info! :)

MUAH!



No comments:

Post a Comment