Thursday, February 6, 2014

Relax, take it easy... (day 3 and 4)

I'm not sure why this song is in my head, but it is, so here you go... :)

UPDATE: Oh my goodness! This is going really well! (I guess I'm just trying to be overly optimistic because I'm sure temptation is looming around a dark corner.)

The past few days have been amazing. The Seahawks parade wrapped through downtown Seattle on Wednesday, and it was such an amazing experience to be a part of. Even though I had to work, I could feel the power of the 12s rushing through the atmosphere- it was unlike anything I've ever seen before.

With the celebrations sprouting generosity in so many people, snacks have been frequent in classrooms and department offices. This little guy right here..... it was waiting on the table in the JPC (John Perkins Center for you non-SPU students). I saw it and knew I wasn't allowed to eat it, but I took it anyway, but with the intentions on giving it to my roommate :) If anyone in Seattle is interested, it's from Frost!

I was super proud of my ability to avoid it. Once I was at work, I ended up eating a whole bag of carrots... Is that normal? I was so deep in my book that I didn't realize how many carrot coins I ate. YUM. My dinner was leftovers from the other night (the noodles and veggies) and I snuck in another of Cait's apple empanadas for dessert :)

Today was a bit of a cheat day, and not in a "bad" way- I just had more sweets than normal. There's a bakery in Seattle called The Flying Apron and they make gluten-free vegan goodies. If you get in early enough, you can get half off day olds... their ginger rounds are my absolute favorite, and the basket was FULL of them. I resisted buying all of them, but I bought two, and a poppy seed muffin, and a Russian tea cookie.


I also realized that I can't drink Swiss Miss. Heart... BROKEN. Does anyone know good alternatives?



After a day of classes and midterms, I ventured to Metropolitan Market for supper where I enjoyed a delicious cup of veggie soup. For dessert, my friend Sami and I treated ourselves to delicious Molly Moon's ice cream. They are one of the few shops in Seattle that offer multiple vegan options! Today I enjoyed salted caramel with cold chocolate sauce. It was so good!

I'm still struggling with finding variety in food. What I need to do is actually make the things I'm posting on Pinterest! I'm stuck in a rut of veggies and toast, and not that those are bad, but I know if I keep up this diet I'll be lacking good nutrients. SO, back to the research board. :)

Until next time! 

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment