Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A supernova grew up to be stardust

Sara's always in my head. This is what I'm listening to :)

Yesterday, I got a good chuckle out of my meals. I started off the day with toast and peanut butter with a banana, but maaaaaaaaaaaan was I craving Nutella. I have been using the white chocolate peanut butter (yes, it's vegan!) and it's sufficed, but I'm still on the hunt for an alternative Nutella. I have found a few recipes on Pinterest that I need to try still!

So, last night has been a very anticipated evening for a while: Imagine Dragons were in town, and I had tickets 8 rows from the stage! Ah, but of course I had a math midterm the next morning. My luck. Before the concert, I had picked my friend up at the airport and we went to a seafood restaurant for dinner. I chose not to say anything about being vegan because I figured there'd be a few options on the menu for me without having to eat only a bowl of lettuce. I did, however, end up with a salad, but it was delicious! It had a very mild vinaigrette with cranberries and walnuts. I paired it with a side of broccolini- it made for a nice light dinner before the concert. The show itself was amazing! I couldn't hear for a while afterwards, but it was a great performance. I love going to concerts where the band actually interacts with the crowd and they showcase their music ability without being too "showy." Nevertheless, it was definitely worth staying up for! (well, I might retract that statement when I get my math exam back...)



When I woke up this morning, I knew I needed something to get me through the majority of the morning since I had class and an eye appointment that would keep me out of the house until noon. I enjoyed some delicious granola along with the blueberry coconut yogurt. For a little sweetness, I threw on some dehydrated cranberries from Trader Joe's! :) If you haven't check out Nature Box before, I would highly recommend them. They have a variety of vegan and gluten-free options to choose from, and they don't tease you with sample sizes- the portions are great! I get one box a month and it comes with five bags of goodies, ranging from Citrus Chipotle Chickpeas, Granola, Fortune Cookies, or Trail Mix. Go check them out!

My pride and joy of the eating world today was the soy "chicken-less" tenders I bought the other day. HOLY (not) COW. They were so delicious. I've been trying this whole 'portion control' nonsense, so I only had three, but I could have eaten that whole freakin' bag. I dipped them in a tasty barbecue sauce and they were scrumptious! I'll definitely be purchasing more of those.

In the meantime, my poor body is still trying to figure out what I'm doing to it, at the same time I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing to it. One of the surprisingly difficult things with this transition is a proper balance in daily meals- making sure I'm not carb heavy one day and all veggies the next, and fruit sugars the next. My tum has been quite gurgley, but from what I've read, the amount of fiber I'm consuming is probably a lot more than usual so my body just has to get used to it. In time it will, but until then... Well, I'll just go buy more candles for the apartment. Sorry. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment