Friday, January 24, 2014

buh-bye stomach pains, hello vegan goodies!

Two things that I absolutely love that are so NOT vegan- butter and sour cream. Why those two, I don't know. But since my freshman year of college, when I learned I was lactose-intolerant, they were two things I had to mentally prepare to eat because I knew I would be writhing in pain in a few hours because of it. This also confuses me- why do we put ourselves through pain simply for taste? It shouldn't be that way, and a huge part of this journey is finding those delicious things that I can enjoy both the taste and the fact that I won't be in pain after eating them.

I think butter is going to be the devil in this whole process. I mean, think about it. Butter is in everything- cookies, bread, pasta (and pasta sauces), and SO much more that we just don't really think about. I'll have to be on my toes when I'm eating out or at social events. It'll be a bit easier at home because of wonderful inventions like Earth Balance. And, I found a dairy-free sour cream. Oh, what a gem! And the greatest part, it tastes DELICIOUS!

YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment