Thursday, January 23, 2014

The start of something new...

In more ways than one, this is the start of something new. 

For one, I'm trying this 'blogging' thing. I figure I'm on my computer and social media enough that I'll hold all of my Facebook updates and write more detailed posts here.

Second, I'm going vegan. Yep- no meat, no milk, no cheese, ice cream, honey, butter, or yogurt. The struggle bus is waitin' for me...

So, you might be wondering why I'm doing this. Well, there's a simple and a complex answer. Simple, I just want to try it. I want a challenge. The more complex reason comes with a bit of a sad-sap complaint about my single lady  life. 


February, the month of love, is full of chocolate candies, red roses, and significant others. So, what about us folk who are living the single life? This is our month to watch stupid chick flicks, eat pizza, and cry while listening to love songs while driving down the highway... Or, did I just make a fool of myself? So, instead of spending my time and effort on the 'love' I don't have, I've decided to love the animals who are abused every day for our plates, and stop consuming all animal products.

Over the last few years, I've done a lot of research about humans and nutrition- quite simply, our bodies are not meant to digest animal products. I know you're thinking I'm crazy, but I love tofu and veggies. I don't eat much meat anyway, and my body doesn't digest dairy, so I figure I'm off to a good start. I know this is for the best, and after 28 days of clean eating, my body will feel so much better than it does now.

I'm starting my blog a week early to calm fears and frantic phone calls about my decision- I want you all to know I am doing my research so I make the healthiest decisions, and I go about this the proper way. And I also want to talk with people throughout this journey, and if you want to join me, please do! 

The journey begins with a step, not a sprint, and I'm ready to lace up and get the show on the road. Yay! :) 

3 comments:

  1. So, I made a comment and it deleted it -_-
    Anywho, this is cool! I'm interested to see what you find about how you feel, what options are available and what you love/hate haha. I know my lovely significant other will roll his eyes but good for you! Good luck, too. I know it'll be tough. I'm excited to try this new foods when I see you next... unless this is only like a month long thing -_- then, well, I might have to try it for myself after July ;D Ha! So, are you doing an evaluation at the end of February...then? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited for this. :) The goal is to make it through February and see how I feel about sticking with it. I don't want to totally cut my body of any nutrients, but that's also the reason I'm doing tons of research- to make sure everything keeps balanced :)

      LOVE YOU!

      Delete
  2. So, I made a comment and it deleted it -_-
    Anywho, this is cool! I'm interested to see what you find about how you feel, what options are available and what you love/hate haha. I know my lovely significant other will roll his eyes but good for you! Good luck, too. I know it'll be tough. I'm excited to try this new foods when I see you next... unless this is only like a month long thing -_- then, well, I might have to try it for myself after July ;D Ha! So, are you doing an evaluation at the end of February...then? Love you!

    ReplyDelete