Monday, February 24, 2014

thoughts, thoughts, FOOD!

It's been a crazy few days! This weekend, we were on SPRINT (Seattle Pacific Reachout International) retreat. For those of you who don't know what SPRINT is it's a group at my university that sends teams across the world on short-term mission trips. So, a few weekends ago, our core team had selected around thirty students to participate on different teams, and this weekend was the first time they got together to start team bonding and learning about how to approach preparing for their trip. It was a very emotional weekend for me; I can't believe it was a year ago that I first met my team that I went to Vietnam with. I had such a life-changing experience there, and I am so excited for the girls who are going this summer. I can't wait to go back and reunite with the fantastic people I've built relationships with there.

Food this week has been pretty decent. For some reason, my body is still adjusting to whatever it is I'm eating. There's always some kind of gurgle noise coming from my stomach- it'll be great when that stops. ;)

Food at retreat this weekend was actually really decent! They had good salad bar options, and for breakfast, they had oatmeal and frozen blueberries. I pretty much cleared the bowl of those... twice. Ha.
For lunch on the second day, I think I made my first unintentional mistake... I think. It was wild rice, so I asked the employee if there was any dairy in it, and she claimed that it didn't. However, the taste was a little like butter. I don't know if it did have butter, but after two or three bites, I stopped eating it. I filled up on salad instead :)

Today, dinner was a struggle. I tried to make something from Pinterest, and it didn't turn out all that great. It was dry fried tofu with barbecue sauce. I mean, it was still tasty, just not as visually pleasing as the pin made it seem.

This is what it was supposed to look like:

 <---------






And it looked like this:
    --------------->




Luckily, I had green beans to pair it with. I sprinkled it with Daiya cheese and a little garlic salt. YUM!


Mid day today, I was so tired- I could hardly keep my eyes open. So, I went to a local bakery, Flying Apron, that specializes in all vegan and gluten free food. I bought a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie, and enjoyed it with an Americano. So tasty!














My original plan to only do this for a month is out the window- I'm pretty sure I'll stay vegan for the long haul! Still adjusting, but I'll get used to it. Yay! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment